Reporting Outages   About CWL   CWL Kids Corner   Calculators   Careers   Contact Us 
Jonesboro City Water & Light
 Customer Service   Bill Payments   Residential Services   Commercial Services 

911 Emergencies
Call 911 immediately to report a life-threatening or emergency situation.

If the outage presents a hazardous situation - such as broken glass or lens, the fixture is in danger of falling, the wires are exposed, the pole is damaged, leaning or knocked down call CWL immediately.

Outages can be reported by:

  • Calling (870) 930-3300*
  • Send Text Message "OUT" to (800) 933-3672
    Requires mobile phone as primary number on CWL Account. Call CWL Customer Service to update your phone number. Mobile carrier charges may apply.

View Outage Map.

*We do suggest when your power goes off that before reporting an electric service interruption, check to see if neighboring homes are still in service.  If so, check your home's electric circuit panel.

Call before you dig: Whether you are planning to do it yourself or hire a professional, smart digging means calling 811 before each job.

Call before you trim: To prevent electric service interruptions and maintain safety, trees growing near electric lines occasionally need to be pruned or, sometimes, removed. If you notice a tree with branches growing very close to - or touching - power lines, please call CWL.

Generator Safety Tips: Portable generators are useful when temporary or remote electric power is needed, but they also can be hazardous. The primary hazards to avoid when using a generator are carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning from the toxic engine exhaust, electric shock or electrocution, fire and burns. Read More... 

Traffic Signal: If a traffic signal is out, or not working properly, please call the City of Jonesboro (870.933.4661).